HomewardBound is looking for groups that would be interested in cooking and serving dinner at the shelter or Sponsoring dinner at the shelter!
Dates that we have available are as follows…
- June- 11th, 17th, 18th, 21st, 22nd, 25th, 30th
- July-1st, 2nd, 7th, 8th, 9th, 12th, 16th, 20th, 22nd, 24th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th
- August- 4th, 5th, 6th, 9th, 12th, 13th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 22nd, 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th, 31st
- September- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 9th, 10th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 20th, 22nd, 23rd, 28th, 29th, 30th
- October- 1st, 6th, 7th, 8th, 11th, 15th, 18th, 19th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 26th, 27th, 31st
- November- 3rd, 4th, 5th, 8th, 12th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 22nd, 23rd, 25th, 28th, 30th
- December- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 10th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th
If you would like more details on cooking dinner or Sponsoring dinner at the shelter please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 970-256-9424 or firstname.lastname@example.org
“Encouraging a Pathway Home”
HomewardBound is the local homeless shelter here in Grand Junction. In the winter months we serve upwards of 160 meals per night and 100 in the summer months. Here are a few helpful things to know when thinking about cooking and serving at HomewardBound.-Groups should be no larger than 7 people. We are very limited on space, so any more than 7 it becomes too crowded. If you have a larger group, think about splitting them into 2 dates or having half cook and half serve!