HomewardBound of the Grand Valley (HBGV) – Grand Junction, CO
HomewardBound of the Grand Valley provides a safe and healthy step for homeless adults and families on their pathways home. HBGV is the only year-round shelter between Denver and Salt Lake City serving women and families. We serve the short-term needs of clients by creating opportunities utilizing the strengths of our community partners in the Grand Valley Region of Colorado’s Western Slope. The organization employs approximately 20 full and part-time staff with an annual operating budget of $500,000. HBGV is undertaking a capital campaign to build the Family Center, a separate shelter for women and families. Read more about HBGV and find the instructions to apply for this position at homewardboundgv.org .
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in related field and/or minimum five years of demonstrated leadership/management experience.
Summary: Responsible for the overall operations of the organization, including oversight of budgetary, development, and programmatic aspects of the agency. Along with the Board of Directors, is responsible for the strategic and fiscal planning for the future of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the daily operations and activities of HBGV.
- Oversee, prepare, and administer budget to ensure that resources are used properly.
- Work directly with the Board of Directors and abides by all by-laws, resolutions, and directives passed by the Board.
- Provide supervision for Director-level positions.
- Establish and maintain relationships with partnering agencies to include: participation in relevant community meetings, maintain ongoing coordination, and provide communication about HBGV.
- Work collaboratively with the Board in developing and executing the strategic plan of the organization.
- Work collaboratively with the Board, staff members, community partners, and residents to carry out HBGV’s mission.
- Demonstrate responsibility for staff development, training, and professionalism.
- Investigate and identify potential and/or additional funding sources, to include state, federal, local, and private funding sources.
- Assist with capital and operational fundraising activities.
- Business Acumen- Demonstrates knowledge of financial decision-making; aligns programmatic decisions with budgetary responsibilities; demonstrates strength in development/fundraising activities.
- Strategic Planning- Understands the goals and mission of HBGV; conducts SWOT analyses; searches for creative opportunities and partnerships.
- Leadership- Motivates others to meet HBGV’s mission; exudes passion; values respect; promotes integrity.
- Quality & Ethics- Continuously improves quality, performance, accuracy, and safety across agency departments; promotes an ethical work environment.
- Supervision- Provides direct supervision to Director-level staff; offers support to other staff members; provides opportunities for team/morale building, professional development, communication and conflict resolution.
- Community-Minded: Actively builds, maintains, and enhances relationships with partnering agencies and organizations.
Job Type: Full-time
Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
Preferred experience: Management/Leadership: Five years
Salary Requirements: Minimum Salary: $65,000; Commensurate with experience
Application Process: Please submit a completed application, letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit your application is Friday, December 29th at 5 pm MST.
*Hint: if your pop up blocker prevents you from opening or signing the PDF, please download the file, save it and reopen through Adobe Reader.
SHELTER RESIDENT COORDINATOR – PART-TIME